FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to heal and take care of a fresh tattoo?
Remember that when leaving the tattoo studio, you are responsible for your tattoo. Ways of doing so depend only on you. Here are some tips on how you can take care of it:
(1) After about two hours after the procedure, the dressing should be removed, and then the tattooed place should be washed thoroughly with lukewarm water and soap, so that there are no residues from the dressing made in the studio. Don’t be afraid, nothing is going to happen to your tattoo, it won’t wash away, it won’t fade nor wash out. The place where the tattoo was made can be sore, but you must clean it thoroughly.
(2) Wipe the tattooed area dry, rinse with OCTENISEPT disinfectant so that it can be absorbed until the skin is dry, coat with a thin layer of BEPANTHEN BABE or BALM TATTOO, which will speed up the skin healing process and then put on the dressing again. The foil dressing should be worn all the time (day and night) but not longer than 2-3 days, so as not to cause skin soreness.
Here you must remember that:
- When you’re at home or other place where you can easily wear a tattoo unveiled, when there are no leaks, you don’t have to wear a foil dressing all the time, it would be good if the tattooed place had an air supply from time to time. However, remember, you can’t let the tattoo dry out. Don’t leave it without foil above an hour.
- When you are out and about, do not irritate the tattooed place, it’s good to put on a foil dressing. This will prevent direct contact of the tattoo with the clothing (by the way it saves you greasy stains on your favorite shirt), and rubbing the ointment into the clothes can easily lead the tattooed place to try.
(3) The care routine should be repeated several times a day (thorough cleaning, disinfection and lubrication), approximately every 3-4 hours. Tattoo can be compared to a sunburn wound, which is why you shouldn’t allow to dry the tattooed area excessively. Try to keep it always lightly greased with ointment.
(4) The period and manner of skin regeneration is very different in many people. If there are places where scabs start to appear, apply a tribiotic to the place (available at any pharmacy). Try to avoid scratching the itching spots, and certainly scraping or scratching the scabs. This may result in scratching of the part of the dye or leaving a scar.
(5) The OINTMENT should be used for up to seven days after discontinuation of the foil dressing. (The length of application of the ointment depends on the size and intensity of the pattern).
(6) At the moment of discontinuing the use of ointments, the tattoo should be lubricated with a cream or moisturizing lotion in order to quickly regenerate the skin.
(7) Avoid long soaking of tattoo in water for 10 days, for example: swimming pool, sunbathing, tanning bed, the usage of sauna and gym. The skin after regeneration of the epidermis in the tattooed area is very delicate and therefore sensitive to external factors.
(8) The tattoo is fully healed when the tattooed skin becomes as same as the remaining one.
(9) In case of doubt, call the tattoo studio, don’t listen to "good" advice from your grandmother or friends, which may not necessarily be helpful. On the contrary, they can cause a lot of trouble.
(10) Even if it happens rarely, an allergic reaction can not be ruled out to the constituents of the dyes used to make the tattoo. If a skin reaction appears, immediately report it to our studio.
WARNING! The above points don’t constitute specialist medical advice. They are only purely practical tips on how to groom tattooed places, based on our many years of experience in working with tattoos.
How to prepare for a tattoo session?
You don’t have to be specially prepared for the tattoo procedure. What we always repeat is to bring good humor and a positive attitude with yourself.It’s good to come rested to the studio. Before the morning session it’s good to have a good breakfast beforehand. If you don’t, you may feel weak.We certainly do not recommend coming to the session, on the proverbial "hangover". Believe us, the procedure of tattooing in such cases endures much harder.You can take something sweet to eat and drink with you to make yourself refill your sugar level if your mood deteriorates.WARNING! Please don’t shave yourselfat the places where the tattoo is to be made. Apart from the possibility of skin damage, improper removal of the hair can cause skin irritation or cause inflammation of the hair follicles. This may make it impossible to get a tattoo.Don’t worry. On the spot, before the session the tattoo artist prepares the skin for tattooing himself and there is no problem with it.
Is it possible to make a tattoo on a scar?
People who want to make a tattoo on scars come to us very often. We don’t hide that such a procedure can be one of the most cool ways of visually removing unwanted blemish. And unless they are hypertrophic scars, usually formed after burns and already fixed and thoroughly healed, there are no contraindications to make a tattoo on them. Always in doubtful cases, refer to consultations and seek advice from a dermatologist. He will determine and dispel doubts whether this won’t be associated with, for example, the growth of the scar. It must be remembered that every skin is different and there is no rule here or 100% certainty about how the tattoo will affect the scar tissue. We also warn that we can’t fully predict how a tattoo on a scar will behave when it comes to the final visual effect. We don’t know exactly how the ink will spread on the scar. Sometimes the contours may spill lightly, be less pronounced, and coloring or shading require re-visit. Nevertheless, you can be sure that if we undertake to do such a tattoo, we will advise you which tattoo will look best on your particular scar.
Is it possible to buy an occasional voucher?
Of course, in our studio, you can buy an occasional voucher.However, you must know that:- The voucher is treated equally with the deposit. So it is possible to buy a voucher for 200 PLN or 400 PLN, respectively. only with the date of tattooing.- In cases when you want to allocate a higher amount for the person to whom the voucher is issued, the payment (reduced by the value of the voucher) can be downloaded only after consultation with the interested person or after the tattoo session. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the tattooed person must know the amount you want to spend on the gift. This can be consulted only with the person purchasing the voucher.
Do I have to make an appointment for a visit at Szerytattoo?
You don’t have to make any appointments for a consultation or in order to discuss a tattoo. All you have to do is come to us during the hours of our work.
Can a tattoo cause allergies?
The inks used for tattooing are nothing but chemical compounds. Due to their diverse composition, they can cause sensitization. The strongest allergenic effects are in red and yellow inks. The mercury sulphide in them may contribute to allergic symptoms.Possible allergy symptoms for a tattoo:Allergy to the tattoo is based on a delayed mechanism. This means that allergy symptoms won’t appear immediately after the ink touches our skin, but only after some time. Sometimes they develop even after a few years! The skin at the site of pigmentation itches and is irritated. It can be red and swollen. The tattoo itself has an uneven surface. However, it happens that the reaction to the pigment is stronger. In the allergy, blisters, eczema and rash appear. Symptoms intensify during hot weather. Sometimes the symptoms of sensitization disappear after a few weeks. It is worth using ointments soothing burning and itching, as well as agents with vitamin E or aloe. It's a good idea to use piling tattooed places from time to time.
Do you make tattoos in intimate body parts?
In our studio, we do not do tattoos in intimate body parts.
If I'm diabetic, can I get tattooed?
From a medical point of view, it isn’t advisable to make a tattoo for people with diabetes ... but it’s not completely forbidden. The decision belongs to the person who wants to get a tattoo. The healing of a tattoo in a person with diabetes is an absolutely individual matter, and the level of diabetes control is very important. In some cases, the tattoo will heal in the foreseeable time, in others it will last longer, while in people with very advanced diabetes, making a tattoo can be a serious complication.Making a tattoo is not a contraindication for people who have diabetes. More and more often it can be noticed that people with diabetes do tattoos informing others about the disease. This is a very original and interesting idea for providing information that can ensure the safety of a diabetic in need. However, if a diabetic decides to have a tattoo, he must remember a few important issues that will save him from possible complications during and after the tattoo. Get to know a few rules that will help you prepare to do a tattoo. a) The most important condition that will allow you to safely tattoo is to lever your blood glucose. Often, during the process of tattooing, the blood sugar level drops, so it’s important that person with diabetes that undergoes the tattoo was sure that his diabetes is leveled. If you are afraid of the level of sugar during tattooing, be sure to take something sweet with you;)b) It’s worth to consult your intentions with a doctor so that he or she informs us about possible complications and also advises on how to keep safety and control sugar during tattooing. Making a tattoo is a long and often painful process, and also for some is associated with stress.
Do tattoos hurt and which places on the body are the most painful?
Do I have to come with my own tattoo design?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to have your tattoo project. Not only that ... We treat your tattoos' designs only as reference materials - or demonstrative ones, aimed at directing us to the topic you want to include in the tattoo. In our studio, we don’t make copies of existing tattoos or ready-made designs printed from the Internet. Each tattoo artist prepares an individual project for each client, based on the elements the client likes. That's why it's enough that you come to us with the idea. We will try to put it on the skin in the form of a tattoo.
Do you improve old tattoos and do you do covers?
It all depends on the tattoo, which would have to be corrected or covered. Always in such cases, we invite you to come to the studio so that the tattoo artist can assess if and what he can possibly offer. You have to reckon with the fact that we do not undertake all the covers and you can meet the tattoo artist's refusal. It should be remembered here, that often in the case of covers, they are usually patterns that MAY cover the previous tattoo, and not the ones you think of. Always such tattoos are much larger than those covered, due to the need to incorporate them into a new pattern.